While I absolutely love being the Mom of a large family– I have to admit we didn’t get here because this was my life-long dream or because I grew up in a household with lots of siblings (both my husband and I each have just one brother!) We got here because we loved being parents! First we had one child and then quickly became pregnant with another. And 7 months after he was born we joyfully discovered we were expecting again! We had three young boys under the age of 3 and we loved it! And before long we thought to ourselves… “How much harder could one more be?” And so we adopted our sweet daughter Lili. And then we said to ourselves, “How much harder could one more be?” And so we adopted our beautiful daughter Charlotte. And then we said to ourselves…. “How much harder could one more be?”. And that’s how Alex came to complete our clan!
Is parenting in a large family different that parenting in a regular-sized family? Probably. There’s more group herding. There’s more laundry. There’s a lot more driving around town! But there are these amazing “bonuses” too- like everyone also has someone to play with. To ask for help on homework. To share a room with. Am I an expert on this whole “parenting a large family” thing? Heck no! I make mistakes and learn new things about my kids and their dynamics every single day! But I do have some tips to share that might help you as you navigate parenting too- no matter what your family size!
Large Family Parenting
- Why I Love Having a Large Family
- The Best Car for a Large Sized Family
- Sibling Rivalry: Why I Don’t Even Try to Keep Things Fair Among My Kids
- How I Manage The Kids After School Schedule
- Letting Them Grow Up
- 4 Tips for Balancing Work and Family Life
- How Do you Help Kids with Homework
- Dealing with Picky Eaters
- How to Raise Resilient Children
- How Do You Spread Yourself Among Your Kids
- How Old Should Your Kids Be to Play Call of Duty
- How to talk to Your Kids About the Birds and the Bees
- 10 Ways to Live a Greener Life
- The Basics of Getting Out and About with the Kids
- Wrangling a Large Family While Seeing the Sights
- Eating Out with a Large Family
- Places I Don’t Go With My Large Family!
- Surviving a Trip to Chuck E Cheese
- Why We Decided to Grow Our family Through Adoption
- How to Explain Adoption to Your Friends and Family
- My Favorite Books on Adoption Parenting
- I Am Quite Happy to Be the “Growing Up Mommy”
- 7 Steps to Managing the Adjustment Period When Adopting an Older Child
- What This Adoptive Mom Wishes the Public Knew
- How We Remember the Birth Family
- How We Incorporate Birth Culture in Our fFamily Life
- Oversharing a Child’s Story
- Is Parenting an Adopted Child that Same or Different Than Parenting a Biological Child?
Saving Money with a Large family
- How to Save on Shopping
- How to Save on School and Activities
- How to Save on Hair Care
- How to Save on online shopping
- How to Save on Family Entertainment
- How to Save on Clothes & Shoe Shopping
More Resources for Busy Moms!
- Get Organized! A Busy Mom’s Ultimate Guide on How to Organize Your Life, Your Family, & Your Home!
- How to Throw Your Own Kids Birthday Parties at Home
- How to Hold a DIY Summer Camp at Home
- Ideas for Great Family Road Trips
- Recipes That Your Kids Will Actually Eat
I hope that you found this to be a great resource to you for parenting your own kids- no matter what your family size!