Okay readers…. I need your help today! I want to makeover our guest room into a space that is warm and inviting for the grandparents, aunts, and uncles and cousins who come to stay with us. The bedroom we have for guests at our new home is a little small, but it fits our queen-sized bed nicely along with a dresser and room for one night stand.
But here’s some of the work that we need to do:
1. Repair the dresser that was damaged during the move (a piece of the trim broke off). Install the mirror over the dresser and hook up the small TV so that guests can watch Jimmy Fallon in bed!
2. The closets need some work. Right now the main closet functions as a linen closet as well as storage for toiletries. I will still need it to do all of this as well as provide some hanging space for our guests to hang their clothing. And we need some hooks on the back of the closet door.
3. The small closet to the side of the bed is also used as linen closet space for the house…. so this just needs to be repainted.
4. The door to the closet needs a “real doorknob”. I think…. or maybe not? The one on the door it literally a handle bolted into the door. Kinda ugly.
5. When we get to the point of painting the trim- it’s going to take some time…. the floor heater was painted yellow and even the switch/socket plates were painted in stripes to match the wall!
6. The room needs a light fixture. Right now it is just a bare bulb recessed in the ceiling.
And the closets are showing some signs of past water damage. The drywall is completely dry now… so I think all we need to do is to clean up and repaint the walls.
Let’s Start By Choosing the Bedding!
I don’t know if this is just what has happened at our house… or if everyone who has a guest room operates this way….. but every single thing in our guest room is a hand-me-down. The furniture used to be Steve’s before we were married. The comforter was his too (which makes it pretty old by now). The lamp- used to be in our bedroom. Okay- the sheets and pillows were new at one point…. but that was oh-so-long ago. So since I am planning on painting and making over the room anyway- I set aside a small part of my small budget to purchase new bedding, and I want to make the room feel special. And inviting!
Now at first I purchased this bedding set online because I thought the crimson and cream would be soothing and serene. But actually, the fabric seemed kind of cheap and I was worried that it wouldn’t stand up to washing over time. Also… I decided that I didn’t love the colors. So now I have my eye on these bedding sets… and want to get your input as to which ones you like… These are all from a company called Echo Designs, and I am in love with their prints…..
I think they are all beautiful- and I am having trouble deciding! But I need to make a decision quickly, because I want to paint the walls to match the bedding… so I can’t buy the paint until I make a decision! So which do you like…. 1, 2, 3, or 4?
Please leave me a comment with your opinion! Please help me makeover my guest room!