This is such a favorite family recipe at our our house, that I will actually prepare the sesame noodles sauce once a week, put it into a container, and cook and drain a big package of noodles just so that I can keep them both separately in the fridge and have them ready to toss together anytime! They are delicious for dinner, to take to school in a packed lunch, or even as an after school snack!
It’s simple enough to pull the sauce together- just put all of the ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth.
Prepare one box of fettuccine, drain and rinse, and then chill (separately from the sauce).
When you are ready to serve, mix a few spoonfuls of the sesame noodles sauce in with your cold noodles! (If you find your cold noodles sticking together, just rinse them under cold water first before draining and then adding the sauce).
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili sauce
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (I use creamy)
- 1 box of fettuccine noodles, prepared according to the package
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Prepare the fettuccine noodles according to the package directions. Drain and chill in the fridge until cold.
- In a serving bowl, mix a few spoonfuls of sesame noodles sauce with the cold noodles.
*Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through these links. It’s a great way to support a blogger!
If these cold sesame noodles sound good to you, you might also want to try these recipes: