Here in the Northeast we are about to head into a week-long cold spell… the likes of which we haven’t seen in a few years. Temperatures aren’t supposed to get above the 20’s, but the “feel-like” temperatures will be closer to zero! So it is the perfect time to warm up the kiddos with a mug of hot chocolate! At our house we prefer to make our own large-sized tub of homemade hot cocoa mix rather than buying those expensive single-serving pouches at the grocery store. And we think this recipe tastes better too!
- 4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer Hersheys or Ghiradelli)
- 1 cup of mini-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Mix all of the ingredients in one large tub until well blended.
- Add hot water to 3-4 tablespoons of the homemade hot cocoa mix and stir well! Add mini-marshmallows if desired! Enjoy!
- Makes one very large tub of cocoa mix… enough to last one large-sized family a few months! (About 8 cups of hot cocoa mix)
Container and Label:
I received an email from a reader asking about the plastic tub container I used and if I could please share a printable version of the label I created…. so here you go! The plastic tub was recycled from a prior use in my home- I can’t even recall what was originally in it!
And if you’d like to print a copy of the label I created, simply click on the image below and print!
Linking up to Skip to My Lou, Org Junkie, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Today’s Creative Blog, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Organize and Decorate Everything, Savvy Southern Style, The Thrifty Home, Family Home and Life